Corneal and Keratoconus surgery
Corneal disorders cause a reduction in visual quality due to both a change in shape and a loss of transparency in the cornea itself.
Keratoconus is basically a variation in the shape of the cornea.
It may be corrected with:
- Use of specific contact lenses
- Implant of INTACS
- Lamellar transplant
- Penetrating Keratoplasty (Full Thickness Transplant)
The other most frequent corneal disorders of surgical interest include:
- Pellucid Degeneration - treatable with cuneiform resection
- Corneal Leukoma - treatable with surface EXCIMER LASER - PTK or with penetrating/lamellar transplant
- Endothelial Decompensation - treatable with endothelial transplant