Newborns: when to examine them
Some babies must be examined as soon as possible, during their first few weeks of life or as soon as they show the following symptoms:
- A baby born PREMATURELY (particularly if they have undergone oxygen treatment)
- A baby who suddenly starts squinting
- A baby with a white pupil
- A baby with continuous lacrimation and/or ocular secretion
- A baby who has had a cranial trauma
If an immediate diagnosis is made, the eye doctor, together with the orthoptist and the neonatologist (www.paolotagliabue.it), can take more effective action in selecting the correct treatment.